Monday, November 18, 2013

A little bit of this, a little bit of that...

Just a quick post - While in the midst of many other projects, one Friday night I came home and impulsively decided to fix our shed roof.  Our shed roof was a mix of several different types of shingles and had several areas with leaks.  But one area wasn't even covered with roofing at all.

But even though the whole roof needed some help, we'll tackle that next year.  For now, we just want to fix the bare area.  So, we picked up a pack of cheap shingles at the local ReSTORE a few weekends eariler.


To be completely honest, I was a little nervous using the latter in it's straight position for the first time.  I managed though.  I used a snow brush to brush all the bristles and leaves off the roof and got to it.

Roofing was fairly straightforward.  Jon cut the shingles that needed cutting and handled each shingle up to me. I scooted around the roof nailing shingles in, trying not slide off the roof and keeping an eye on the kids playing in leaf piles :)


So there we go! After a couple hours a we had the ugliest repair ever.  But now our shed was waterproof enough to stick more stuff in it!

No comments: